Saturday, September 18, 2010

Cheap Thrills: Sinful Snacks

Some of the best things in life are not at all expensive. One need not go further for delicious snacks. Most of the great food finds I encounter do not burn holes in your pocket. Here’s some of my favorites:
  • Goya Orange Peel Dark Chocolates - Absolutely divine, you'll be surprised it's locally made. We recently bought a box of this in one of our grocery trips. I didn't know it would taste sooo good. You see, I'm a big fan of dark chocolates, and I only prefer brands like Ghirardelli, Lindt and Hershey's. I will definitely include Goya Orange Peel Dark Chocolates on my list. Who would believe it's only 28 bucks?


  • Nestle Fruit Selection Yogurt+Jelly -When two of my favorite snacks combine, it's heaven for me! Nestle has recently come up with Fruit Selection Yogurt+Jelly. For now, they only have this in two flavors: strawberry and buco pandan. The strawberry yogurt+jelly is a better choice. It really is sooo deliciously good! I just wish more groceries would sell this.

  • Pan de Manila's Chocolate con Leche - In this day and age, it's hard to find shops who still makes Spanish-style hot chocolate. Good thing Pan de Manila came up with instant Spanish-style chocolate, you only need to add hot water. Tastes like the real thing made with tablea. At P14 per sachet, it's absolute chocolate heaven.

  • Hershey's Dark Chocolate Sundae - Whenever my office friends and I would crave for ice cream, we visit the nearest Mini-Stop just to have this for dessert. I'm still in awe how something so devilishly delicious can be so extremely inexpensive.

  • UST's Banana Fritters (Turon) - Back in college, my friends and I would troop to UST's Medical Arts Building just to have Banana Fritters. This sumptuous snack of sweet banana and jackfruit, wrapped in lumpia wrapper, deep fried to its crispy golden perfection.

Okay, I think 5 sinful inexpensive snacks are enough for today. Just the thought of these snacks makes my tummy rumble.
Good night everyone! :)

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to try the Pan de Manila Chocolate con Leche. I agree with the Turon at UST! :)
    aBs

    ReplyDelete